Uniform at Saltergate
Our uniform colours are red, white and grey.
- Red jumper, sweatshirt or cardigan
- Red or white shirt or polo shirt
- Grey or black trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore dress
- Red checked dress - in summer weather
- Year 6 children are invited to wear a tie (clip on is suggested for safety reasons)
- Plain white t-shirt
- Black shorts, leggings or joggers
- Black hoodie
Items with the school logo, including book bags and PE bags, may be bought at Emblazon Clothing on Tower Street in Harrogate. However, there is no expectation for children to have items with the logo on.
We prefer children to wear shoes that are suitable for indoor and outdoor activities, rather than boots or trainers. Please avoid shoes with a heel.
We suggest that children tie back long hair, for health and safety reasons. Haircuts that are smart for school are recommended, with dyed hair to be avoided.
We would recommend that earrings are not worn in EYFS and KS1. If a child has newly pierced ears, then these will need to be taped over at all times during the school day. Studs may be worn in KS2 but should be removed for swimming and PE.
Jewellery should only be worn for recognised medical or religious reasons. The school is not responsible for any jewellery that is lost.
Nail varnish should not be worn.