Our Family Support Worker at Saltergate School is Sarah Bond.
Their role in school (others in school do this too!) is:
- Someone to listen - you might find as an adult or child that you need someone to listen to you. This could be because you are struggling with a problem that you feel you can't solve yourself.
- Someone to give support - you may need help to solve a problem, you know what to do but for whatever reason can't solve it on your own at the moment
- Someone to help you communicate with other agencies - you may need someone to help you communicate something to someone else, you know what you want to say, but you need support to do it, or you need to know who to speak to.
To achieve the above statements:
- Children can be seen individually or in small groups as a one-off or regularly each week.
- Parents can speak 1:1 in person or over the phone.
- Contact is made with outside agencies such as Social Care, Early Help, Just B, NHS services, other schools etc.
If you wish to contact our Family Support workers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org