"Nothing is more important than children’s welfare. Children who need help and protection deserve high quality and effective support as soon as a need is identified."
If you have any concerns about a child, no matter how small, please contact:
- Joanne Hall, Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Judith Hollywood, Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Catherine Linfoot, Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Come into school to talk to us or call 01423 508552
All our staff are trained in safeguarding and are responsible for looking after all our pupils.
We have our own Child Protection Policy on our Policies Page and also follow guidelines set in associated documents:
- Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023
- Prevent Duty - this gives guidance to schools on our duty regarding the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015 and our work with children, having due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism.
We work closely with the North Yorkshire Safeguarding Children Partnership who provide guidance and support for professionals, parents and carers.
We would like to share the following websites with parents as possible sources of information and support: