My name is Sarah Bond I'm the Family Link Worker at Saltergate Schools.
The Family Link Worker's role in school (others in school do this too!) is:
- Someone to listen - you might find as an adult or child that you need someone to listen to you. This could be because you are struggling with a problem that you feel you can't solve yourself.
- Someone to give support- you may need help to solve a problem, you know what to do but for whatever reason can't solve it on your own at the moment
- Someone to help you communicate with other agencies - you may need someone to help you communicate something to someone else, you know what you want to say but you need support to do it or you need to know who to speak to.
To achieve the above statements:
- Children can be seen individually or in small groups as a one off or regularly each week.
- Parents can speak 1:1 in person or over the phone.
- Contact is made with outside agencies such as Social Care, Early Help, Just B, NHS services, other schools etc.
You will find links below to useful sites that will give you information about support for worries and concerns:
A story book to explain more about COVID19
The NYCC website for support
The Go-To website is the home of wellbeing and mental health for young people in North Yorkshire. We're here to signpost young people, parents, carers and professionals to the right help and support:
Compass BUZZ is an exciting, new, innovative and free project that aims to improve the mental health and wellbeing of children and young people aged 5-18 (25 with SEND) in schools across North Yorkshire.
Too often, people feel afraid to admit that they are struggling with their mental health. This fear of prejudice and judgement stops people from getting help and can destroy families and end lives. Heads Together wants to help people feel much more comfortable with their everyday mental wellbeing and have the practical tools to support their friends and family.
Sarah can be contacted via;
- Phone: 01423 508552
- Email: email@example.com
- Mobile (only available in school hours and term time): 07483105785